Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Hululu Penguin (Kemono Friends) papercraft


Recently I got into MMD models and such, and I was searching for some cute Kemono friends and looking around, and it hit me like a bolt of lightning. Why the hell do I love this anime Kemono friends so much and didn't even make 1 papercraft of them? Probably the most obvious reason was that another artist already made some of the most popular ones and are freely available to download, and I don’t like to copy ideas. For another that I don’t have the time, since I am not only working full time, but then also working on 10 different crafts at a time and yadda, yadda, yadda, etc. ------BUT since it is/was lockdown time, I had some spare time and decided to make 1 truly special Kemono friend papercraft that wasn’t available anywhere and is my personal fav of them all. So here she is, the Humboldt penguin, and best idol of the Idol group PPP (PiPaPu) in the anime, the cutie Hululu :)

The papercraft is unfolded to 20 cm and consists of 4 simple pages. Nothing really dramatic to build, since I wanted it to be simple design, as much as possible, and it doesn’t have 5 fingers (yaaay, damn I hate assembling 5 fingers on hands so much, but what can you do if it’s a human papercraft…). She only has a flap like a penguin arm, so only 2 parts to make for the arms XD And the skirt allows you to build it in at least 2 separate parts, which again makes assembling papercraft so much easier and enjoyable.

The papercraft consists of the main 3D attached body of Hululu, her simple detached 3D headphones that are just glued on like that, and her separate 3D tail, that is also just simply built and glued on her bottom. Wanted to keep the pose simple as well, so she stands without problems, and still looks maximum cute as she is :)

I really should have done this 3-4 years ago… man, that tragedy of Grape-kun really hit me hard and made me cry (if you don’t know the story, just google up Grape-kun and you’ll know what I mean). That penguin was a true otaku at heart, so my condolences, he was our hero, my hero, since I know how it feels to have a Waifu (kind of). I hope you may be happy wherever you are Grape-kun, with your Waifu on the other side ;_;

And for anybody wanting to have this Waifu in papercraft form, of course she is also available for sale.

***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

May we all find our real-life-Waifu’s and be truly happy in this world. Cheers Grape-kun and happy crafting~

*Btw. of course I also had to assemble her myself, so built preview follows soon... ;)


penguin 
 UPDATE:  

You can now see the finished assembled papercraft, built by me, here: 

https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Hululu-Penguin-Kemono-Friends-built-papercraft-872987795

No comments:

Post a Comment