Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Kusanagi Motoko (Ghost in the shell) papercraft

 
 
 The legendary anime known to most Westerners as “Ghost in the Shell” has finally got an accurate 80s-style manga adaptation into the true look of Kusanagi this year! And?!? And we LOVE IT! I love the oldschool art style that is very near and dear to my heart and it looks just so gorgeous. Of course, the story alone is amazing, quite dystopian, VERY relevant with the current AI-slop trend and very philosophical. It makes you think of what actually “being alive” truly means and what consists of being called a “human being” and what the criteria is compared with AI simulations and technology, if any at all. Compared to the old adaptations we got, the main heroine Kusanagi was quite the gray mouse design-wise and I really disliked all of the visuals of the anime, except for the very first season in 1990-ish, but with this one, we got a true visual gem of anime. I love it! So of course, I had to try to mimic that 80s, 90s anime illustration myself in a papercraft.

**********************************************************

The papercraft is unfolded to a height of 20 cm and has 4 pages to print out.

It consists of a 3D model of Kusanagi, with her 2D hacking cable, belt, gun in holster and optional 2D or 3D hands. I did make an optional stand so she can sit on it, but the papercraft is meant to be displayed on a hanging shelf or edge, where she can look at you seductively from afar in your room XD so if you do make her, let her sit somewhere with a nice view!

***************************************

*** This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDFs and blank, locked PDO file for assembly. – You can buy and download the template here:

https://ko-fi.com/s/d137ca8e39

You can view all of my available premium papercrafts that are for sale on my Ko-fi page:

ko-fi.com/antyyyspapercrafts ***

*********************

I did try to make her in a more simple design texture to resemble the anime style. I also love a nice sitting pose from time to time, because they are so satisfying to place on a shelf so they can dangle their feet down XD Got to make new and exciting poses, so not everything looks the same all the time. So I really hope you like her and enjoy the rest of the anime season as well! I certainly love it.

Enjoy and happy crafting~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment