Monday, October 26, 2020

Skeleton Pikachu papercraft



Another Halloween special papercraft to share :)

BUT, before I start explaining the papercraft, I really have to say I was hesitant to post and even make this commission. This is an open commission I was asked to make, and the idea was actually from the page of the papercrafter called »Danyuu«. I really don't re-make work of others and copy things like this, but it was a commission I was asked to do from a good friend and I also have to admit I myself really like the idea of the skeleton Pikachu Halloween special, as well, so in the end I did decide to make it. So, if you have the time, look at the original craft of Danyuu on his page, he is giving it away as a dynamic of some sort, and the idea really came from his design. I did make it my own, I never copy anything 100%, since I always do things in my style, but the basic overall look is the same.

Continuing with the papercraft, it was unfolded to 23 cm, and has 6 pages to print. It is actually really simple to make, no small parts, just fiddly legs to make, since they have bumpy fingers, but that's about it. Tried to keep it simple and clean, so the texture can really get through, just as the commissioner wanted.  

As you can see, the papercraft is made out of an attached 3D modeled body, and a separate 2D 2-sided tail. As with some of my Pikachu papercrafts, the idea of the tail is the same as with most of them. Since it's 2D, glue one end part of the wire in the inner parts of both sides of the tail and attach the other end of the wire on the inner side of his behind. That way the tail stands 100% and you get a simple yet effective way to move the tail around as you wish in any direction 360 ° :)

***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

Happy Halloween and happy crafting~


      
 UPDATE: 

Finished assembling my papercraft, so you can see the finished Skeleton Pikachu and how it looks here: 

https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Skeleton-Pikachu-built-papercraft-859777908

No comments:

Post a Comment