Monday, November 16, 2020

Ash and Pikachu (Pokemon) papercraft

Today I can finally show you one of my best papercrafts this year and one that I have been meaning to post for a long time. It’s the iconic duo from every Pokemon episode and movie EVER XD, Ash and his trusted partner Pikachu!

Really, ever since I saw that iconic Pokemon movie in Japan “Pokemon movie 20: I choose you” I have cried like a little baby at the scene with Pikachu talking to Ash: “いつも、一緒にいたいから” as in meaning “Because I always want to be with you” and I though that was the most beautiful thing of all the Pokemon movies I saw. It was this that reminded me that Ash and Pikachu truly are the best duo of all times and their friendship and love can overcome anything, as love does in real life. So, this papercraft is my tribute to both of them and the inspiration that they have given me throughout the years watching Pokemon.

The style, as you can see, is a more recent one. I decided to do Ash in his newest look from the Galar region series, so his visuals and clothes vary from the original ones (from season 1 in Kanto). I really wanted to do a current version one. Whilst Pikachu, is somewhat old-school, because I really didn’t want to make him in the current shape, because he is thin and more “athletic” than the original Pikachu shown in the old anime, and I really don’t like that look. So, I decide to make him in my own style, and make him cuter and chubbier than the one in the anime. I think he looks better this way in any case, and I always do every one of my papercrafts in my owl style :)

The papercraft itself is unfolded to 26 cm and it has 9 template pages to print out. It consists of a 3D Ash papercraft, with a separate 3D backpack, a 2D vest and a 2D hat, that you put on him at the end. The other 3D part is Pikachu, which has to be built separately and glued on his arm to stand (with addition of the backpack at the back, Pikachu should have no problem staying on his arm like that), and has a 2D 2-sided tail that you glue on like that.

Should not be too hard to make, I made sure to make simple form and I unfolded it to a comfortable height to assemble. Apart from the 3D feet of Pikachu and the 3D fingers on Ash’s hands, Ash does have spiky hair, which can take time to make, so those are the points to look out for when gluing it together. But what can you do if you want to have an originally looking Pokemon duo figurine at the end, it has to look it’s part and be as the original one :)

new avie 

***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

Hope you are enjoying them and happy crafting~

No comments:

Post a Comment