Monday, February 28, 2022

Snufkin (Moomins) papercraft



In 2019 they released 2 new seasons of one of my favorite books when I was a child, called “Moominvalley”. I really fell in love with the stories, and when I saw the 3D animation, I fell in love with them all over again and I had to do my take of my favorite character of them all, called “Snufkin”. He is a very special soul, a wanderer, explorer and mostly a philosopher, all characteristics for which I fell in love with him so much.

If you don’t know the original stories, no matter how old you think you are, you have had to read them at least once in your life. They are really adorable and the fantasy in this book is just full of Scandinavian lore and their tales alike. Really recommend it to anybody.

Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green 

As for the papercraft itself, I unfolded it to 25 cm so it’s easily buildable. It consists of a template that has 12 pages off all the pieces included. It consists of a 3D Snufkin model, a simple separate boxy harmonica that he loves playing on (and that can be either placed or glued inside his hands), and a separate 3D stand with a 3D stump and some 2D accessories of flowers and grass that you can arrange however you want. The 3D model of Snufkin has a 2D 2-sided scarf that hangs from his neck, as well as a 2D feather on his hat. The backside hair is simple 3D shaped, while the hair in the front is a 2D part that is glued to the rim of the hat. Simple stuff to make all in all, only smaller parts are the fingers again and that’s about it. I would say it’s a 6/10 to make + you have the PDO file alongside the templates to help yourself with, when I send it to you after purchase, as well. Should not be a problem to make at all.

***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green 

Took me probably a week to finish this, since it includes 6 different HD UV-maps of textures, which are, as always, hand drawn. The only thing I did find is the texture of the grass, so that isn’t hand-drawn by me. I wanted to fuse the old look of Snufkin from the books that the author illustrated himself, the old 90’s cartoons and this new 3D Moominvalley version one, so it’s a combination of all 3. I did want to draw the old tattered look of his clothes, since he is a vagabond and wanderer, so that was the important thing to achieve in this really, and I think it shows quite nicely all in all. Really happy with the outcome :)

Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green Bullet; Green 

Hope you like it, do take a look at the original books and happy crafting as always~

Btw. Season 3 will premier this year, I think sometime in March, so look at all of the newly animated cartoons as well, if you got time. It’s a must-see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment