Friday, March 17, 2023

Ootori-sama (Spirited Away) papercraft


One of Hayao Miyazaki's (or studio Ghibli) best movies is, hands-down, Spirited Away. It is THE anime movie that made me look more in debt into the anime and Japanese culture in general, and I never looked back since :) And I know people just love all the scene with Chihiro and Haku in his dragon-form (which I also did years back and I still sell btw: https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Flying-Chihiro-Spirited-away-papercraft-display-641370934), but my personal favorite deity from the whole move are the duck-chick gods that are called Ootori-sama. And the best scene from the movie for me (which I always wait for when I rewatch the movie), is the scene in the bathhouse, where all the Ootori-sama gather around and bathe in that huge cauldron-like bath in the emerald-green water. They are ADORABLE. Again, birds + yellow color = my dream combo for the cutest anime characters :D

So, I decided to make a diorama cut-out scene from the movie and make that bathhouse into a papercraft and I love it so much ;_; just look at those adorable, fluffy, yellow, fat bellies!!!! To die for cute :D

:bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: 

The papercraft consist of many separate parts, such as: the 3D standing Ootori-sama, the 3 3D Ootori-sama heads submerged in the water, the 3D bath itself with optional overflowing 2D water streams, the 2 optional 3D wooden basins, the 3D stand with the wooden floor texture, as well as some 2D add-ons for the Ootori-sama, such as the leaf hat they wear when they enter the bath, and the washcloth. The whole thing is unfolded to a height of 12 cm and has 24 pages to print (with all optional parts).

:bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: 

***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

:bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: 

Definitely making all these cuties with all options into an assembled piece, since I want it displayed in my workroom so bad! :D Hope you like it and happy crafting~

No comments:

Post a Comment