Monday, February 12, 2024

Shu (Arknights) papercraft


So, did you remember my last Qu: Shukra commission I shared saying it was the most complicated one I made? Ohhhh, scratch that, update time! THIS is not THE-MOST-COMPLICATED thing I ever did. A whooping 12 + 4 different detailed stand-alone UV-maps, textures freestyle by yours truly, while only having 3 videos as references of this new character coming out in 3D for the game, 2 of the videos only showing illustrations at that. Yeah, it’s possible but it’s damn hard work XD

:bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: :bulletwhite: 

This is my newest papercraft commission. The commissioner wanted the new “Shu” dragon sister from the cute game “Arknights” made into a papercraft. So, I had to completely base it off of the official videos, as mentioned before. Took me probably over 40 hours to make this again, starting with the model, then pose and then all the pieces of the texture, meticulously drawing one piece at a time and being as close to the model as I could.

The result is a truly stunning Shu papercraft model, unfolded to 35 cm and with 23 pages to print out. It consists of a 3D model of Shu, with a bunch of 2D add-ons such as her sashes, the jewelry, some hair pieces, etc., etc. And you also have her ritual 3D sword and her burr puzzle as an actual 3D puzzle to make and glue together, along with the stand base in her rice field with some rice plants around her.

:bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: :bulletyellow: 

***This is a paid commissioned papercraft. Commissioned crafts cannot be re-sold, with some exceptions. If you are interested in buying the template or have any other questions, please message me in private on DeviantArt or on my Facebook page.

If you are interested in a paid commission, or have any questions regarding my commissions and the general process, you can read about those here:

https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/journal/Antyyy-s-Papercrafts-COMMISSIONS-860689433***

:bulletblue: :bulletblue: 

Showing this papercraft because I am really happy with the result, and it’s completely made from 0. It was pretty complicated to make, but always happy to showcase a beautiful papercraft in the end and learning a few new techniques as I go along. And I am also showing it because people can see what they can commission for themselves if they want a custom papercraft/3D model made as well.

Hope you like her as much as the commissioner and I do as well XD And I hope I get to see assembly pictures of her in the future when she is going to be built too. Really curious how it’s going to look.

Enjoy and happy crafting~

No comments:

Post a Comment