Thursday, July 18, 2024

Chihiro (Spirited Away) papercraft



One of Hayao Miyazaki's (or studio Ghibli) best movies is, hands-down, Spirited Away. It is THE anime movie that made me look more in debt into the anime and Japanese culture in general, and I never looked back since :) And I know people just love all the scene with Chihiro and Haku in his dragon-form (which I also did years back), but one of my personal favorite scenes is in the bathhouse, where Kaonoashi (No-Face) shows up and wants to give her gifts and she flat-out refuses to take them! That’s my girl!


So, I decided to make a diorama from that bathhouse scene and make it into a papercraft. And this is it :)

**********************

The papercraft itself is unfolded to a height of 24 cm and has 14 pages to print (with all the optional parts). It consists of a 3D model of Chihiro in her pink jinbei, a 3D Kaonashi with a separate pile of gold to fit into his hands, the 3D background diorama of the onsen, and a separate bucket and brushes and tokens for Chihiro for decoration that fits the scene. Both Chihiro and Kaonashi also have 3D as well as simpler 2D hands to make, so you can decide which ones to use to make the assembly easier.

********************************************

*** This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDFs and blank, locked PDO file for assembly. – You can buy and download the template here:


You can view all of my available premium papercrafts that are for sale on my Ko-fi page:

**********************

Hope you like it! Really wanted to make it look and feel as 100% from the anime with all the details and I put a lot of effort into this.

Enjoy and happy crafting~

No comments:

Post a Comment