Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Filo - bird (Tate no Yuusha) built papercraft



Finally, I was able to make another one of my papercraft designs, so I present you my Filo papercraft in all its glory.

The papercraft is actually not hard to make, it just takes time. Since I wanted it to be super fluffy, just like bird Filo in the anime, I added a lot of 2D feathers that you glue in between the seams of the body, so that takes time. Else it’s rather simple to make.

I actually fist made the “fillers” or the long hair feathers on her head, since I wanted them to be special and movable. Here we use the first “SUPER ULTRA ASSEMBLY TIP”. I therefore used my wire trick, gluing wire that is used in most flower shops to wire flowers so they can stand and grow on supporting sticks, and glued it in between both sides of the fillers. With the wire inside and invisible, the fillers can now be moved in every direction, just like the wire, and you get a movable and interactive part of your papercraft. Else, the fillers would probably not stand so high, so it’s a simple yet super effective move to use when making it, so definitely recommending it.

After the fillers are done, some wire is still sticking out at the end part of the fillers, which is used to make a hole in the head (that I assembled next, along with the neck part – the collar) and then gluing them on the inside of the head, so they hold on the part they should. I used duct tape to glue them on the inside, so it really holds firmly, so I also suggest you do that for your assembly.

The head was finished at that stage, so I made my way to make another bothersome part of the body, which are the feet. Why? Because you got 4 of the same toes on every foot that you have to glue together, so making feet/hands is always the most annoying and boring part of the assembly to make, so I like to get rid of that as soon as possible, so I made those next.

After I had both feet made to the ankles, you actually have a really simple and fun build left. You build the body around the feet, starting at the tail part. And since the papercraft has a hole in the tail part, and you can attach the head at the end, you always have 2 holes/exists to help yourself with the assembly, so that’s really nice for a change, since I’m always used to make fiddly sticking parts together with no space XD

Now you have the body part and the head part assembled. Now it’s time for my “SUPER ULTRA ASSEMBLY TIP” nr. 2 for this craft! What is it? Well, if you maybe looked closely at the papercraft, the head is actually movable, did you see that? Well yes, THE HEAD CAN ROTATE. How? Super simple. You just print out the blue-collar piece (1 piece) 2x and glue one on the still separately built head and one on the still separately built body. After you have 2 collars on the parts, simply put the head collar over the body collar part, and it holds together! As simple as that. The seams are not visible, it looks built, and you have a super neat trick to make the head rotate in all directions. And both pieces fit like a glove, since it’s the same part of the papercraft and it doesn’t slip off.

I actually wanted to write the moving tricks down when I released the template for the papercraft, but I wanted to be 100% that the head can be rotated and build it myself, and now you know! It works really great :)


You can find the info on how to get the template and everything else here:


I hope you like the fluffball and happy crafting~


The Rising of the Shield Hero Icon 
***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

No comments:

Post a Comment