Monday, April 20, 2020

Neko Musume (GeGeGe no Kitarou) papercraft


New Week, new Monday and a new post of a papercraft I think you all will really love. I said I will post my “normal” papercrafts from time to time, not only my “Super simple papercrafts” series, since it would get boring with only those, and I love making life-like or more anime-like figurine papercrafts, since that is my passion XD I should have posted this a while back, since the series already ended, but better late than never, they say. So I present you the cutest and most awesome "Gegege no Kitarou" character from the latest re-made anime, here is my take on “Neko Musume”!

The papercraft, as you can see, is about 25 cm tall and has 5 pages to print. The papercraft is mostly made of an attached 3D model of my Neko Musume, which I modeled out of the anime.

I think I found the most optimal polygon count and form for a anime girl papercraft, as well as the finger count and all, since I don’t think it’s that hard to make compared to other crafts I made, so I will stick to this base for girls from now on I think, and if you have long hair or bangs, it’s super simple to make, since I can leave a hole on the back side of the head, which makes closing the head and assembly super simple, and the whole is not even visible from any angle like this. The hole in the back side of the head allows not only the assembly to be super simple, but also that the hair is more natural and flowy, and you don’t need to make the bangs and everything in 3D forms, since that is always a tedious job to do. So I will stick with this form from now on, already assembled some of my papercrafts with this form (which you will be able to see), and I have to say they are really easy and more fun to make like that. And they look exactly like in the anime as well :)

Neko Emoji-28 (Yay sho happy) [V2] 
This papercraft particularly has the head closed, since she has her hair pinned up and that is her hairstyle, BUT you can make her easily because you have a skirt, so you make the upper part and the leg part and join it together in the waist, always allowing you to have an open end to assemble and glue the parts, that’s why I said that this particular model base for anime girls is so easy to use ;)

Apart from the joined 3D modeled body you also have some 2D 2-sided parts, such as her hairbow, the underskirt part (which you can use if you wish) the dress straps, the straps on her feet, etc. Average difficulty to make I think, much as any anime girl base, and it should stand if you glue the feet on the right angle in the hips, that’s why again this base is so sweet to use XD

***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

I hope you like the papercraft, and that, if you don't know the anime already, are animated to see it, since it's really a nice and different anime to watch. The base mangas of Kitarou are really freaking old, and you have many different other anime adaptations as well, some I think over 60 years old, so there is much material to see if you like this type of anime and story.

Any feedback or comments are apreciated, so write what you think, what you would like to see, etc., and else happy crafting~



     
UPDATE: 

You can see the assembled papercraft here: 

https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Neko-Musume-GeGeGe-no-Kitarou-built-papercraft-877273332

No comments:

Post a Comment