Monday, October 14, 2019

Bea (Pokemon Sword Gym Leader) built papercraft



Let's get this week started with a sweet little built papercraft of mine. Took a long time to make this, since I wanted her nice and cleanly made, and I am super happy with her. I present you the fighting-type gym leader of the new Pokemon Sword edition, Bea!!!! Let's get ready to rumbleee~~ XD 

PokeBall 
As always I started to make her hands since I hate making fingers the most :D So small little 3-tier fingers to glue together, as well as the 2-tier toes on her feet, so I did the whole hands and just the toes on her feet, so I has the most fiddly parts out of the way. Then I made her face, making sure to really like iron out the folds with the glossy thin paper I am always using, so there are no bumps on the surface when it's done. Thin paper is hard to build crafts with, since it will tear in an instant or be torn because of the strong glue I use, but anything else and the paper has those bumpy lines at the end, which I really hate, so a PRO TIP for all out masochists out there :D if you want your built to be nice and you love to torture yourself with the built of them to be really immaculate (as I do), then use thin paper and iron it out after every gluing of the flaps and you get a smooth surface like I do with all built papercrafts.

Continuing with my work I made, as already said, the face and built the ears and har parts around it, making sure the neck part was open, so I could help myself with the open part to glue everything nice and smooth on there. (PRO TIP? maybe) I do that every time, always have a hole somewhere left open so you can get your fingers in and smooth out the fold lines and glue it on neatly. After I had the whole head on, I made her neck part and left that for now. Because she has a collar on and she has 2 places where you can join her together because of the over standing parts on either her breast-part or her hips (as you can see in the picture), you can decide where to join her together at the end. I decided to join her at the breast-part, so I did the collar and the upper torso with the sleeves first, and then joined the torso with the already built head. After I had that I could then easily glue the arms on, since the open sleeves of her dress make it super easy to just attach that on, without you trying to be super precise and glue every single flap on there, just put the glue on the upper arm flaps and push that in the sleeve, where you find a comfortable height for it to stand (and making sure it is facing the right way), and let it dry :) and you have half the work done (probably 2/3).

Now since we have a double part, as we said I would join it at the breast-part of her torso, I could do the legs really simply by putting them together from bottom to top, making use of those already joined together toes and making it all the way up to her hips. There you have another double part, where you firstly join the last part of her trousers, and then glue on the inside her belly aka "muscle" XD part. And since I had both parts done, I glued them together at the middle, put on her 2D 2-sided ribbon at the end, and she was done :)

In hindsight I did make her legs a bit bigger than they are shown in the reference picture, just because I was so fascinated about her bare feet and her strength, so I wanted to emphasize that by making the bottom part of her bigger :D and she really looks tough and strong that way, so I think it does her justice in a way. 

For those interested in how to get the template to build her yourself, here are the info’s: 


Hope you like it, only 1 month and 2 days till the release day of the game people! We are almost there!

Happy crafting~



PokeBall PokeBall PokeBall 

***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

No comments:

Post a Comment