Friday, October 18, 2019

Halloween Mimikyu Pikachu built papercraft



Since "Pokemon GO" already started with their Halloween even, though it would be a great time to let you see the built Halloween Mimikyu Pikachu I made :) So here you have it, pretty cute isn't it XD 

         
The papercraft is about 22 cm tall, which makes it large enough to really work on the details and make it nice and smooth, without having to deal with any small fiddly stuff :) 

I first made his 3D body, and attached the 2D tail with a flat wire covered in flat paper, so it's an ideal thing if you want flat things to be movable on your crafts as well (you can get that kind of wires in any flower shop really, I mean if they have them in my country, they have to have them in any really XD ). So yeah, you can have a movable simple tail, as is this one I made myself (PRO TIP btw XD - I always use this kinf of flat wire when I get the chance, moving crafts are just so much cooler than non-moving ones).

Next, I did the Gengar candy pumpkin. It has 2 sides, so you can also do the inside of it, I didn't do it because of time issues. And I also chose to make it a 1 color lantern, since in the original the Gengar lantern has different patterned rags sowed on it, but I did feel that it looked better this way, so I did it as I did. 

Next step is to make the Mimikyu costume, of which I first did the hoodie and then put on over his ears. And the remaining costume just needs to be glued on his body, since else it won’t fit on at the end. So you just need to put the sleeves on before, and glue the remaining 3 stripes of the coat on and you got the costume done.

All that remains now is to put on the 2D decoration, such as the cute little orange bow, and his pockets, which you can glue on just at the ends and you can also have functioning little pockets for him as well :D

For those who want more info on the template, here you go:

https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Halloween-Mimikyu-Pikachu-papercraft-816978119



   
***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

Hope you like it and happy spooky crafting~

No comments:

Post a Comment