Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Ohayou! Spank (Good morning! Spank) papercraft



Time for a retro papercraft commission that I made some time ago. The commissioner found a papercraft reference online and wanted me to reconstruct that design and make a papercraft Spank.

Rollin' Stars 
Now, before we go into the details, YES, I am super old XD not saying anything about the commissioner, just talking about me, because I actually watched this retro anime on TV when I was a kid. On German TV, because I mostly watched German TV when I was little (although I am not German), it was called »Hallo Kurt« and I though the dog was really funny and it was a cute anime with its own style and all, and I still think it's a really nicely aged anime that still has a unique style even today and I think that's a lot, considering that in the last 25 years since the anime was on TV, at least 100.000 new anime series came out, so…. XD

Spank or Kurt is a special and very smart dog that is in love with a cat actually :D so it’s really funny and the original voice of the dog is sooo cuteee :D do watch the reference online or watch the anime so you know what I am talking about.

In any case, this commission was a real journey in time, since I immediately recognized the character and it was really fun to make as well.

The papercraft is 17 cm tall and has 3 pages to print. Spank is really simply made, a boxier design as the commissioner wanted, with the mouth being 3D and inward, so that should be the only real “fiddly” part to assemble, although as said its really basic skill papercrafting. He has a 3D attached body, and separate 2D 2-sided ears, 2D hair and 2 2D 2-sided cats that you put on the tip of his tail (which are his cat friends from the opening theme of the anime that take part in his adventures as well) that you just glue on like that. He also has 2D hands with a 2D flower that you also glue on just like that, and a simple 2D boxy purse that you put around his head at the end. Super simple to make really :) And because the commissioner is awesome, he allowed me to re-sell the papercraft for anybody wanting to assemble it for him or herself.

***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

Go watch the anime, I am sure it still has to be online somewhere to watch and enjoy, it’s really cute and funny :) Happy crafting~

No comments:

Post a Comment