Thursday, August 1, 2024

Zubat Pikachu built papercraft


Already released the template preview (the file itself can only be downloaded for my premium Patreon supporters):

https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Zubat-Pikachu-papercraft-989848839

And now you can also see the assembly and the tips :)

************************

ASSEMBLY TIPS:

I started by making the 2 ears and hands/gloves separately and after I had those, I built the top part of the head to glue on the ears. After that you just follow down to the torso, gluing each stripe one by one on the body, and when you get to the torso, glue the arms on as well. I continued to assemble it, till I got to the last 3 pieces that you close at the bottom and the feet, since there is where you glue in the 2D tail first.

*Pro tip: As always, as already told several times with my tips and tricks, I glued a wire inside the 2 parts of the tail, since it can be moved and it stands well that way. I glued the wire inside, and made sure that 1/3 of the wire stands out, so that part in glued on the inner side of the body. I did this by making a small incision on the back part of the body and put the tail through it, and after gluing the wire with tape on the inside. That way you got a sturdy, movable tail that is really cool looking and functional. It sounds harder than it is to make, you can see from the pictures how it goes in so you can try it for yourself :3 

After the tail is on, all you have to do it close the craft on the bottom end with the feet (which is how I always do my papercraft, from top to bottom, since I find it easier and you can hide any imperfections at the bottom, where you can’t see it. And then you put on the optional cape, wings and hat. The wings can be made with the same tip as the tail, glue in some wire and you can move and pose them around you want.

And there you go, a complete and assembled super scary Zubat Pikachu papercraft :)

************************************************

***This is a premium papercraft that you could acquire as a prize in my 2023 Halloween contest. The contest was held from the 23rd October till the 31st October 2023. After the contest, this papercraft is exclusively available for my premium Patreon supporters only:

https://www.patreon.com/antyyyspapercrafts

************************

Happy crafting everybody~

No comments:

Post a Comment