Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Zero Two (Franxx) chibi papercraft


Although I found this anime to be very cringy at the beginning, with all those wannabe »fan service« sex poses and word-play and gestures of intercourse, I gave the series a try and I was actually surprised. Once you get over these gimmicks (and there are actually not a lot of them), the anime is surprisingly deep and the story is very intruding, so I do suggest that you take a shot at watching this one. Of course, I am talking about the anime “Darling in the Franxx”. And since it’s a nice and refreshing take on a fan-service anime that actually has more to offer than just THAT, I decided to make a papercraft of the best character of the series, and my personal main character of the anime, “Zero Two” or “02”. In chibi form, as you can see, because I don’t like these characters to get oversexualized and I am sick of these kinds of papercrafts/figurines, so I wanted to make her more “pure” probably and cute-ish, so people can see the true Zero Two :)

The papercraft is unfolded to 18 cm and has 6 pages to print. I made her in a sitting pose, since it’s more versatile like that and super sturdy. And 100% she will sit/stand no matter how you assemble her XD

She is made out of a 3D main body, with separate simple 3D horns (that are typical for her), and some additional simple 2D 2-sided accessory parts, such as her tie, and the emblems of her school uniform etc.

Main thing is that it’s actually easy to make, although it may not look like it at the beginning. You can divide the assembly in 3 parts, the head, the torso and the legs. Since she has long hair, the hair at the back has a hole (which when assembled is not visible), to make the assembly of the head easy and sturdy. The torso and the legs can simply be built separately and then joined together at the end (just sliding in the legs and gluing them to the waist), and same goes for the head in the neck part.

Along with that, I have also updated my unfold patterns to be even more logical on how and what parts to put together, so the templates come not only with the edge ID PDF files to see how to assemble them, but also with written notes and clues on what parts go together, written besides the relevant parts in the templates. Even simpler assembly, and a simple 3D chibi pattern for easy gluing together.

***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

I will be sure to update the papercraft assembly as well, since I already made her, and I hope you’ll like how she looks like built as well. AND that you’ll see that it’s actually simple to make if you know the tricks, since I have the +10 year experience and am always glad to share tips & tricks of any assembly ;)
 
In the meantime, enjoy and happy crafting~



 UPDATE:  

The papercraft can now be viewed how it looks built, so get your tips & tricks of my assembly here:

 https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Zero-Two-Franxx-chibi-built-papercraft-873991549

No comments:

Post a Comment