Monday, November 11, 2019

Blue Diamond (Steven Universe) papercraft



All that remains for my ginormous Steven Universe papercraft project are the main pillars of the gem world, the Diamonds themselves of course. As fitting the whole reveal theme of what diamond was shown fist in the cartoon, we have the one and only Blue Diamond! I just loved her when I first saw her, I remember she reminded me so much of the old-style anime girls in the movies, so elegant yet with a kind of sadeness not even in her expression but also in the facial and hair form. Really retro elegance like "Space pirate Capitan Harlock", "The last Unicorn" or even "Interstella 5555" (better known as the music video clips from Daft Punk".

Steven Universe Icon 1/2Steven Universe Icon 2/2 
The papercraft itself is 40 cm tall, since I wanted all of them to work in a bundle, so I unfolded them to a relative height so they are as big or small as in the cartoon/movie. Since they are Diamonds, they should be bigger, but as you can see in the cartoon, they are really big and therefore I chose to unfold them to a relative height. They are still the biggest of the bunch, as they should be, and they fit in whit the others quite well. The template has 9 pages to print and she has a 3D body with 3D hair. I chose to make the hair around her neck in 3D, maybe that is a bit extra time aka a bit longer to make in the building process, but believe me, at the end it makes all the difference. She also has her diamond that is embeded in her chest in 3D, to make it stand out a bit.

         pathokinesis - blue diamond emote          
***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

I really do hope you like them, nearly finished here with the papercrafts. I do love the cartoon and I can't wait for season 6 to begin, so I hope everybody is hyped like me as well. That's why I wanted to make them, since I wanted to portray my favorite characters of the show in a fitting way. Hope you think I succeeded in that as well. Feedback of any kind is really appreciated and I do hope you write a thing or 2 below, for any of my papercraft designs that is :)

Happy crafting~


         
UPDATE: 

You can also see the assembled papercraft of her here: 

https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Blue-Diamond-Steven-Universe-built-papercraft-876542733

No comments:

Post a Comment