Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Chiisai Kyubey / Small Kyubey (Magia Record) papercraft


Since I have finished watching one of my fav anime this winter season, and there has been a confirmed 2. season to come!! (hopefully soon, since the release date is not yet known), I would like to interrupt the Pokemon papercrafts to bring you my very own "Kyubey" from the spin-off anime "Magia Record", the continuing of the 1. series "Puella Mahou Madoka Magica"! Love the series, love the characters and absolutely love the unique animation style and drawing.

Run Kyuubey, Run! 
Especially, since I already made a normal Kyubey in the past, and of course I had to delete it because it was unposed, unedited crap, I had to redeem myself and make a new Kyubey papercraft in the future. And what better timing than with the new spin-off anime "Magia Record" that even has a cuter Kyubey version in it than the original series! It is called "Chiisai Kyubey" or "Small Kyubey" as the main character of the series calles it, and the chibi version is absolute sugar! I know, I know, Kyubey is evil incarnated, the devil himself, pure darkness in it's cute form, BUT you just can't get away from the super cute adorable pumpkin face, it's just adorable XD So be wary of it, although it's super cute, it's pure evil that stares at you through those pink cutish eyes. 

In any case, made the papercraft model myself, of course, posed, textured and unfolded it. The papercraft in unfolded at a height of about 24 cm, since half of the body size is it's head and the long ears + it's the life-size height from the anime! The whole papercraft template has 9 pages to print. If you made any animal papercraft before, this should be simmilar easy to make. It's all one joined 3D model, so follow the logic of the unfolded template and the edge ID numbers of the PDF file I send along with the normal templates, and you'll be there in no time. 

The whole Kyubey craft is constructed with the original proportions of the anime chatacters, so it has a very small body compared to the head and the long fluffy tail. The bottom part of the tail as well as all his 4 paws are lying flat on the surface, so it stands without any problems, trust me, made a physics test and it holds it's weight 100%. For those of you who want to be sure just in case or if you want to make it sturdier, you can always fill it out or add weights. I would definetly also reinforce the neck and tail part from the inside (fill out the body with paper OR tape it down from the inside), since if you move it to much the head might cause some problems because of the small body, same goes with the tail at the bottom part.

 
***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

I do hope I have redeemed myself with this papercraft and that the old crappy design will be forgotten and you can now have the new cuter version of it. 

Hope you like it as much as I do and you can't wait for the 2. season to start as well! Happy crafting~



UPDATE: 

I have assembled the Kyubey papercraft myself, so if you want to see how it looks like bluit, you can find it here: 

 https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Chiisai-Kyubey-Magia-Record-built-papercraft-839034606

No comments:

Post a Comment