Thursday, May 14, 2020

Red Blood Cell / Sekkekkyuu (Cells At Work) papercraft


Maybe you remember one of the first polls I have asked at the beginning of this year, where I was asking what papercrafts my watchers would like me to do. As you maybe remember that poll, some of the voted for anime characters I have already made and fulfilled my promise to make them into papercrafts. But there was also an anime in that poll that was also quite high on the agenda, since a lot of people voted for it, and that was the anime: Hataraku Saibou / Cells at Work! Although the second season and the movie were postponed to 2021 next year, it’s still a very popular anime till this day. And especially because I don’t like to leave things half-done and I try to keep all my promises, I made the 3 main characters into papercrafts. So here you go! :)

The first “Cells at work” papercraft I had to make was “Sekkekkyuu” or “Red Blood Cell”, because I actually cosplayed her at Makkon (the biggest anime event in my country) and made the whole costume and everything myself, that’s why she is so dear to me. That was about 2 years ago and I still think she’s really cute and awesome, although a bit clumsy and dorky XD

Smile - Red blood cell | Hataraku Saibou (TV) 
The papercraft unfold itself is unfolded to 27 cm and has 7 pages to print. She is made out of a 3D attached body, a separate red jacket you build on her, her typical red blood cell shaped hat and a simple 3D box for transporting oxygen that she carries in her hands. The pose is simple and she holds the box in her hands, making sure that she doesn’t fall over, so she stands without any help with weights or reinforcing on both her feet. The hat and the box can be made so they can be removed and don’t need to be glued on. Just the jacket doesn’t come off once you put it on, since you have to make it in the middle of assembling her upper torso with the hands.

Also, as with all of my latest anime girl papercrafts, the base model is simple to make. Not only does she have just the right amount of polygons to still look anime-like and be simple enough to make into a built craft, she also has a functional hole in her head (where you can’t see it, beneath her hair), which is used to make the head assembly super simple, since you have a big hole to use to make the head and attach the hair in  a super neat way. So, except for the somewhat fiddly fingers she should be quite easy to glue together.

***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

I hope you like the little red blood cell and make your own soon ;)

 
And as a special treat, you can now see the built papercraft, assembled by me, here: 

https://www.deviantart.com/antyyy/art/Red-Blood-Cell-Sekkekkyuu-CAW-built-papercraft-842002011

No comments:

Post a Comment