Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Impidimp (Pokemon Sword/Shield) built papercraft



Next built Pokemon in line I wanted to build for you is Impidimp. Not a confirmed confirmed Pokemon shown in the trailers, but he is a playable character in the Pokemon Sword/Shield demos currently going around all the gaming conventions around the world, so I would say it is still pretty much 100% confirmed ;) I saw the community getting into fights because of the new games and what it is missing and what not, but I really just wanted to get everybody on board to remember the good things we all love about the games and making the new Pokemon designs touchable and near to everybody. 

Moving on to the papercraft itself, it is about 20 cm tall. I first built the tongue with the inner mouth really, then moved on to the ears and added those built pieces on the face as I went along from top till bottom. As I built the whole head, I glued the sepparate 3D teeth and glued them in the mouth corners. Since it has a rather small neck and body, I made sure to reinforce the neck part with a roll of paper I added on the neck till the top of the head, so I was absolutey sure the neck would not snap, since you have to do the remaining body on the head itself and it holds on like it should :) So I definetly recomend to reinforce the neck-part with something additional, whatever you are used to really. 

Next came the arms with the 3 fingers on each side, which I build to the shoulders first and glued those on the neck part and then on the head. After that I just built the rest of the body with the legs piece by piece on the glued together parts, turning his head around and gluing the remaining strips on like that, since it was the easiest for me to do, since I always make the crafts from top till bottom.

Definelty not hard to do but a bit fiddly with the large head and the fingers, so I would say maybe a 7/10. And as you can see in the pictures, it definetly stands on it's own without me adding any kind of weights in the legs. But if you wish to be sure, add any weights in the legs as well :)

For anybody who is interested on more info about the template they can be found here: 


Hope you like it and happy crafting everybody~



***This is a premium papercraft that you need to purchase in order to receive the PDF and blank PDO files for assembly. – You can find all information about the PayPal purchase in the provided upper outgoing link.***

No comments:

Post a Comment